Edgemont Montessori PTA
To make every child's potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
PTA Weekly News: 5/3/2019
FUN DAY – Friday, June 7th (rain date: June 10th)
Fun Day is finally here!!!
It’s the BEST day of the year and our kids have been looking forward to it for the whole school year! So, come be part of it! There will be water games, bounce obstacle course, face painting, arts and crafts, parade… and much more. But Fun Day will not happen without your help:
- help run an activity
- donate food to support our volunteers
- donate boxes
- donate water balloons.
Come celebrate the end of an amazing year! There are still a few spots left. Please sign up using following links:
Station Signup: http://bit.ly/FunDayEdgemont2019
Food Donation Signup: http://bit.ly/FunDayFood2019
PREPPING FOR FUN DAY
Here are some reminders to help the day run smoothly:
- Send your child to school dressed for fun and play.
- Sneakers or sturdy outdoor sandals, please no Crocs or flip-flops. Easy-dry clothing is a plus.
- Remember to apply sunscreen to your child before school.
- Please send a change of clothes to school; your child will get wet!
- We will have barricades on Edgemont Road during the celebration to protect our kids. Please respect them as you come in for a volunteer shift.
- A midmorning snack will be provided. Lunch will be in the multipurpose room—children may bring or purchase lunch, as on any other day.
- If you are volunteering for the first shift (thank you!), please come as early as you can (starting at 7:45am) to help set up your station. The games begin promptly at 8:30am. Coffee and breakfast items will be served.
- Don’t forget to bring a water bottle for yourself, as well as your sunscreen, hat, and sunglasses.
- Lunch will be served for volunteers, and all stations have a scheduled 20-minute lunch break between 11am and noon. Beverages and snacks will be available at the hospitality tent all day.
- There will be a map of the stations posted by the hospitality tent if you have any questions.
- If you are donating food, boxes, or water balloons, please bring them to their respective locations in the morning—and thank you! All of your contributions make this day happen.
- Edgemont’s Fun Day parade starts at 1:40pm—bring your cameras!!
MFEE TOAST SEASON – May 28th – June 26th
MFEE Toast to Teachers is a long-standing tradition in our school community. Whether you are hosting or attending toasts, your donations go directly to raising critical resources to support MFEE Educational Excellence classroom grants. Toasts also build community by bringing us together to celebrate and honor our amazing educators. See https://mfee.org/toast-to-the-teachers/ on how to host a toast.
5/28 – 6/26 MFEE Toasts
6/7 Fun Day (volunteering opportunities)
6/14 Enrichment Program ends
6/20 5th Grade Moving Up Ceremony
6/25 Last day of school