In attendance: Tessie Thomas, Deborah Villarreal-Hadley, Kathryn Fogliano, A Gideon, Anna Kondic, Brian Fleischer, Susan Gardner, Courtney Redfern, Amira Williams, Jada Roman, Reggie Valentine, Diane Tehranian, Norrinda Hayat, Marci Clark, Marco Pedersen, Patty Gamcsik, Mary Ann Vanco, arah Spagnola Young, Holly Lehr-Hahn, Natalie Sullivan, Linda Kow, Beth Calamia, Irene Rosenthal, Mary Sue Youn, Amy Uhlfelder, Betty Schvetz, Adeola Whitney, Yvette Fraziuer, Anna Kondic, Yoko Takebayashi,
Kayla Crawley, Selma Avdicevic, Melissa Schrager, Veronica Harris, David Schottland, Kristin Werner
- Call to Order
- Review and approval of minutes for 4/12/21 meeting. Unanimously approved. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EkxH1y_CCjnBngu2YOt9kjeXR8L-YnjFnPbMa5gvKqw/edit
- President’s Report
- Discussion of AAPI statement.
- Discussion of Whistle Blower letter and follow-up actions.
- Discussion of BOE activity.
- Has there been a reaction to recent appointments?
- Frustration because there is no news yet about HS start date
- Middle school schedules are light– pressure to add Wednesday or open 5 days
- The Exec board had a meeting with Latifah Janah about the importance of allowing public comment. Possibility that PTAC and MEA will have an opportunity to comment at the beginning of meetings.
The Nominating Committee the following candidates at the April meeting.
Tessie Thomas- President (new)
Vice Presidents- Brian Fleischer and Reggie Valentine (new)
Treasurer: Diane Tehranian (new)
Secretary: Courtney Redfern
No nominations were heard from the floor. A voice vote was held and all candidates were unanimously elected.
The new board members will take office July 1, 2021.
- Committee Updates
- Community Building
- Curriculum and Special Education
- VP of Schools Report
- PTA Presidents’ Reports/Discussion
- New Business