- Works in conjunction with school staff to support and enhance eco-friendly and sustainable initiatives throughout CHB.
- Works closely with the Co-Chairs of the Eco-Fair event in the spring.
- Diverse group of individuals devoted to building an inclusive & equitable community.
- Prioritize our work on equity, anti-racism, and inclusion at CHB.
- Tasked with thinking about intersections between equity and various other PTA committees.
- Advocate for context, materials, practices, and language in our school that reflect and honor diverse ways of experiencing the world and student teacher intiatives.
- Host annual Pancake Breakfast event
- Is our go-to team to help with other activities throughout the year (i.e. End of year Picnic).
- Hosts regular social events for its committee members.
- Assists our Math and Science Curriculum Support teachers with the integration of our garden into the classroom curriculum.
- Help plan the planting of the garden in the spring, assist teachers with lessons when appropriate, and oversee the maintenance of the garden throughout the year.
- Stays abreast of grant opportunities that will expand our garden and help grow our future horticulturalists.
Green Ball Committee
- One of the biggest annual fundraisers of the year.
- Proceeds from this one night fund many of the amazing activities that are listed in this brochure as well as CHB’s professional development program with Teacher’s College. Funds have covered iPads for our classrooms and playground equipment in the past.
- Green Ball is a big party held at a local venue giving everyone a chance to get together for an adults-only evening complete with food, drinks, dancing, and fun!
- The evening features silent and live auctions of amazing baskets and experiences for kids and adults. The Green Ball is a wonderful way to get together with all your CHB friends while supporting a great cause, OUR KIDS AND OUR SCHOOL!
Health and Wellness Committee
- A grassroots consortium of parents, educators, and community organizations.
- Mission is to promote the physical, emotional, and social well-being of students, staff and families of the Montclair Public Schools.
- You will work closely with staff to create healthy initiatives at CHB.
- Advocates for the needs and improvements for our outdoor school playground to the school district.
- Future projects: buddy bench, new gaga pit, sensory playground for kindergarten class.