We are happy to write to share the schedule for the Instructional Material Pick-Up! Material pick-up will be FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 18th. We still anticipate our GoMath! materials arriving tomorrow, which would enable us to have all materials. However, we are moving forward with this pick-up schedule even if the materials do not arrive in a timely manner as we feel compelled to get the rest of the materials to our students. Nishuane School and Hillside School are working together to support families who may need to pick up materials at both schools. Please see below for the plan and scheduled pick up times:
Materials will be distributed with a curbside pick-up outside of Door 6 and 7.
- Drive your car into the parking lot on High Street and through to the driveway between the school and playground.
- Volunteers will be outside of Door 6 and 7 to learn your student name. They will walkie talkie your child’s name into other volunteers inside of the school to bring your child’s material bag.
- Drive out of the parking lot onto Cedar Avenue
We thank you in advance for your cooperation in adhering to this plan to ensure smooth flow of traffic and ability for all families to gather their material bags without delay.
- Kindergarten: Pick-up between 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm
- First Grade: Pick-up between 1:00 pm and 2:00 pm
- Second Grade: Pick-up between 2:00 pm and 3:00 pm
Please note that if you have children in multiple grades, you can pick up their materials at the same time. Also, if you need support with coordinating between the two schools, we will help!
Materials will be distributed from the Hillside cafeteria. A walk-up collection process will be instituted at St. Lukes Place – Door G and the Playground – Door H
- Drive your car and park in the parking lot on Orange Road OR drive your car and park on St. Lukes Place.
- You will need to come to the table located in front of the cafeteria doors.
- Volunteers will be outside of Door G and H to learn your child’s name and teacher.
- Volunteers inside of the school will bring your child’s material bag to you.
- Third Grade: Pick-up between 1:15pm – 3:00 pm
- Fourth Grade: Pick-up between 11:30am – 1:15pm
- Fifth Grade: Pick-up between 11:30am – 1:15pm
Please note that if you have children in multiple grades, you can pick up their materials at the same time. Also, if you need support with coordinating between the two schools, we will help! Also, if you are unable to pick up your child’s materials, then please email
Unable to Retrieve Materials
Nishuane School and Hillside School are working together to support families who may need to pick up materials at both schools. Please complete this form if it is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE for you to pick-up your child’s materials on Friday, September 18, 2020. We will be in touch regarding other pick-up options.
District Protocol for Supply Distributions
All staff members, volunteers, parents/guardians and students must wear masks properly at all times. No bandanas, gaiters, fleece or scarves allowed. No masks with one way valves. No face shields without a mask unless medically indicated.
Social distanced lines (6 feet) must be maintained at all times.
There should be a 6 ft. barrier AT ALL TIMES between staff member/volunteer and parent/guardian/student.
Samanthaa Lennon Anglin, Ed.D.
Hillside Elementary School ~ Gifted and Talented Magnet
54 Orange Rd., Montclair, NJ
Phone: (973) 509-4200
Fax: (973) 509-1448
Follow us on Twitter: @Hillside_MPS