Hello, Hillside Families
Over the past few weeks we conducted school-wide elections for Student Council. The process was coordinated by 5th grade teachers Kari Brantner and Lisa Frankle. I am proud to announce our votes have been tallied and the following students have been elected:
- Student Council President Taryn Gilbert
- Student Council Vice President Vivian Hearn
- Student Council Secretary Eva Bonislawski
- Student Council Treasurer Arden Qualy
Congratulations to all of our students who took a chance and threw their hat in the ring!
Here are a few Hillside Hybrid Plan mentions:
- If you are in need of before or after care, then please contact the YMCA for arrangements. 973-744-3400
- The virtual morning routine will have one slight adjustment for students who are remote. The teacher will admit virtual students via Zoom/Google Meet at 9:20am (not 9:10am).
- Student who are classified will have their IEP components in their schedules, however, there may be an adjustment to the timing of when services take place during the day. The hybrid schedule will require us to make some adjustments. Case managers and teachers will outline specifics for individual families.
- Hybrid assignment – Mountie or Bulldog
- This arduous process is top down, in the sense that the high school had to complete assignments first. At this time middle school principals are balancing their groups since the variable of sibling placement is driving the assignment. Our middle schools have to balance every period in their schedule (not just the homeroom). Once they are finished groups will be available for elementary principals to balance. I hope to be provided an update by the district on Monday and will communicate a projected release date to our school community. I understand your urgency to coordinate childcare.
- Aesthetic Exploration – Related arts teachers are in the process of creating schedules which will afford students the opportunity to attend their aesthetics. Related arts teachers will be delivering aesthetic instruction.
Have a great weekend!
Samanthaa Lennon Anglin, Ed.D.
Hillside Elementary School ~ Gifted and Talented Magnet
54 Orange Rd., Montclair, NJ
Phone: (973) 509-4200
Fax: (973) 509-1448
Follow us on Twitter: @Hillside_MPS
Hillside Elementary School
Follow us on Twitter! @Hillside_MPS