- Thank you for your continued support of the PTA and for your generous donations to the holiday collections. Happy New Year from the PTA board.
- Check out Northeast PTA’s new website with information on upcoming events, merchandise, and newsletters: https://montclairpta.org/northeast/
- Every month, parents are providing our wonderful teachers with lunch. In December, 2nd grade parents sponsored a sandwich spread from Belgiovine’s. Your class parents will be contacting you to participate in future lunches.
- The PTA has a partnership with Watchung Booksellers to give a book to every student during his/her birthday month. If your child’s birthday is in December, please email the child’s name, teacher, and grade to email@example.com. We will respond with a gift certificate and information on how to get your book. If you did not receive your book for the months of September, October, and November, please email the PTA.
Upcoming Events and Volunteer Opportunities
- Cross-School Collaboration Opportunity
The Montclair public elementary schools are working together to put on another STEM+Families Festival this spring. We are looking for a volunteer or two to represent Northeast to help identify exciting, hands-on STEM stations that families from our school might like to engage with at the event. Help to ensure it’s a success by reaching out to Sabrina Brewer at SabrinaCbrewer@gmail.com if you’d like to take up this role or if you’re interested in hearing more about it. Grab a friend and join the STEM Festival Planning Committee!
- Chair needed for Martin Luther King Jr. Day Celebration
- ASE parent coordinators needed to curate class rosters and communicate with class instructors. An opportunity to bring additional art, music, and science classes to Northeast students.
- If you are interested or have questions, contact Sabrina Brewer firstname.lastname@example.org or Lauren Griffin email@example.com
- January 16th- Winter ASE Classes begin
- Some classes include: yoga, chess, Robot Makers, and Game Makers
- Registration will open after the new year
- January 26th – Save the Date for the Winter Dance, separate times for K-2nd grade and 3rd-5th grade
- February 23rd- Save the date for the Bi-annual Gala to be held at the Montclair Art Museum at 7:00pm. This is our biggest fundraiser and we rely on its success to fund important school initiatives. It is also a TERRIFIC night out, but it cannot happen without the help of our Northeast Community.
- Volunteer opportunities: Contact Christine Soljan if you would like to be part of the gala committee: firstname.lastname@example.org
- March 15th – Save the Date for the Geobee which will take place during the school day.
- March 23rd – Save the Date for the annual Soccerthon
- May 3rd – Save the Date for the Talent Show
- Friday mornings – Montclair Bus Bike https://www.montclairbikebus.org/
- Northeast families are among the 200+ K-5 students who ride to school every Friday morning aboard the Montclair Bike Bus. Come join us at one of our scheduled stops with your kid and their friends as we roll through four beautiful parks en route to the bike rack behind school. Get their bikes later in the day or ride home together after school. Either way, take the advice of the kindergartner who declared his ride ‘”the best part of the week!”
- Urgent need for volunteer drivers on Mondays and Wednesdays at 5:15pm.
- The Montclair Fund for Educational Excellence (MFEE) runs free bilingual programs for English Language Learners in Montclair Public Schools. Over 50 children come twice every week for tutoring, academic enrichment, and social support. There are 12 Northeast students that are in need of transportation every Monday and Wednesday. Most students live within a 5-minute drive of the program – but a 5-minute drive is not possible if parents are working or without transportation. We are looking for volunteers to commit to the same day/time, once a week. MFEE takes care of everything – you’ll just pick up the children and drop them off. Over time, you’ll get to know the kids and forge the kind of relationship that becomes the fabric of our community. https://form.jotform.com/232355392400146
Spread school spirit by purchasing t-shirts, hoodies, long sleeved shirts, and blankets in school colors: https://northeastschoolpta.memberhub.com/store?limit=21&live=true&category=Spiritwear
Your membership fee ($15 for caregivers and parents, $5 to faculty and staff) goes toward funding free events for parents, staff and children. This gives you the right to vote in our elections, and shows that you are invested in participating in the PTA.
You can become a member here: https://northeastschoolpta.memberhub.com/store/items/23263