The PTA is a non-profit organization comprised of families/caregivers and members of the school staff/administration coming together to plan and participate in activities designed to enrich, entertain, celebrate and unite our school community. The Northeast PTA is also involved with the Montclair PTAC or PTA Council, a group which is composed of all the local PTAs in our school district. Together, the local PTAs and PTAC are also members of the New Jersey PTA (NJPTA).
2021-22 Mission Statement
We support the community of Northeast families and educators. We are caregivers fostering children's learning, growth and development. In 2021-22, mindful of the pandemic and need for repair, we will intentionally foster healing of Northeast community relationships. We include caregivers, teachers and students in leadership and volunteer roles for all PTA events, activities and committees. We serve all parties, welcome all voices, and strive to improve year to year, continually learning from what is working and what is needed.
We fundraise to support programs focused on:
- Global awareness and impact
- Diversity, inclusion and equity
- Community and individual growth
- Facilities improvement
Northeast PTA 2021-22 Goals:
- Improve trust between parents and staff
- Support initiatives for families and teachers to meaningfully connect
- Provide open opportunities for families and children to connect with their NE community