To support PTAC leadership in being recognized and perceived by themselves and others as leaders and communicators of parent voice on school matters.
- Define as a group the key, consistent messages that we want to send as leaders
- Train on effective ways to present and promote those messages
- Agree on who are the target audiences for our messages
- Understanding from the larger group where they want to be leaders; where they think they need support in doing so; providing training to meet those needs.
- Fall: Poll the group to understand leadership priorities; offering options of training in alternate formats to be selected by the group; designing training to meet those needs;
- Winter/spring: Delivering training and reinforcing resources.
Measures of Success
- To identify necessary training and provide it. Measurement will be assessment by PTAC members of whether they feel better prepared to be leaders.
Contact: Laura Hertzog - email@example.com