This committee exists to provide tools, documentation, and support needed by the PTAC and the individual PTAs so that they can make the best possible use of available technological tools in the satisfaction of their own objectives.
Facilitate individual PTAs’ communication with their communities so as to advance their own objectives. The scope of this communication is as wide as PTAs require. It can include “commerce” for donations, the selling of spirit-wear, enrollment in before/after-school enrichment (B/ASE), the selling of event tickets, etc. It can also include community-building efforts, which may involve either/both broadcast and
- Ongoing support to the PTAC and PTAs in various of their endeavors
- Regaining control over aspects of our infrastructure that were permitted in the past to be owned by other entities, upgrading as appropriate or necessary
- Make this committee a self-propagating entity with a steady stream of new members to as to avoid dependency upon parents that will eventually age out of the district
- Solicit new members that can support the other goals
- Migrate domain registration to an account owned by the PTAC as opposed to MFEE
- Regain control over PTAC web hosting
- Replace the current mechanism for accepting and redistributing the download from Genesis
- Complete G-Suite and Mailchimp migrations
- Improve documentation regarding adding/changing/removing content from web sites (for the wordpress sites)
- Use of G-Suite
- Use of Mailchimp
Possible Future Initiatives
- Use of Google Groups for broadcast and discussion
- Once we receive the WordPress sites, perhaps these can be migrated to a properly managed environment for ongoing maintenance.
- The developer has already indicated a lack of interest in such tools, unfortunately.
- Automate movement of data from Genesis to Mailchimp (note: multiple/separate accounts in use)
- Identify and create other tools useful to district families, such as those listed in the 2019/09/09 meeting notes under High School Tools.
- Periodically solicit from PTAs new ideas for how they’d like to interact with their communities, and how this committee can best facilitate these efforts.
Measures of Success
- Satisfied PTAC and PTA leaders able to easily interact with and involve their communities