Montclair SEPAC Resources:
- Montclair SEPAC Parent/Caregiver Guide To District Services – is meant to supplement the information provided by the district and to assist families in understanding many of the terms, procedures and expectations that are part of the special education process. Please realize that this is not a legal document, nor is it a document being provided by the Montclair School District. It is simply an informal guide written by Montclair SEPAC members and meant to help other Montclair families.
District Website Resources:
- Montclair Public Schools Pupil Services Website – Basic information from the district including contact information for the Pupil Services Director and Supervisors.
- Montclair Public Schools Pupil Services Handbook – District document with details and information about special education services in Montclair.
- Montclair Public Schools 504 Handbook – District document with specific details about Section 504 services in Montclair.
- Montclair Friday Group – This is a confidential group for parents of children with disabilities in the Montclair, NJ area who are looking for support and resources. Click the blue apply for membership button to be added to the group.
Other Recommended Resources:
- Project Childfind – Information for parents who want to request a screening or evaluation of their child. This includes students who are not yet in school or are being homeschooled.
- State of New Jersey Special Education Website – Links and resources from the NJ State website.
- SPAN – Resources and materials from the Parent Advocacy Network, a non profit group that works to empower and partner with parents.
- IEP Resources from the Arc of New Jersey – Resources for better understanding the IEP process.
- 504 or IEP ? – Quick facts about which type of plan may be best for your child’s needs.
- Assistive Technology Resources – Links and resource suggestions from the state of NJ in regards to Assistive Technology and Augmentative Communication.