Hello Watchung Families!
- The Watchung Book Fair is coming soon! November 7th – 13th. Stay tuned for details!
- Dr. Ponds issued his latest update for fall – please click here for the full pdf.
- This update includes important information around the Hybrid and Remote Learning Plan.
- The Montclair PTA Council is hosting “How to Raise a Reader” with New York Times children’s books editor and co-author Maria Russo. Maria will share how to have positive experiences with your child when it comes to literacy, finding books your child will like and releasing yourself from parental academic pressure. The Montclair Public Library will share literacy resources. Q & A session to follow. The Zoom will focus on grades K-5 but all are welcome!
October 26th 7:00-8:30PM
Register by October 23rd & pick up your copy of How to Raise a Reader at Watchung Booksellers!
MFEE (The Montclair Fund for Educational Excellence) is bringing back its award-winning Showdown Montclair talent battle on November 7th. ShowUP features local hidden talent gems, success stories from Montclair schools — and even some familiar, super-talented Montclair Public School staff members! Check out this highlight reel that gives you a peek at what ShowUP is all about. Funds raised will support MFEE and its new Arts Open Hearts Fund which fuels innovative arts programs that nurture students’ social and emotional health.
You won’t want to miss a surprise (shhhhh) appearance by Mr. Boote, and even more, Watchung Dad Scott Stein will be dazzling us with his magical talent! Get your tickets and donate to support them: https://givebutter.com/showupmontclair
- Don’t forget to sign up for Watchung MemberHub! This is where you can sign up to join the Watchung PTA, communicate with other parents in your classroom hub, sign up for ASE classes, buy Watchung Spiritwear and more!
- Make sure to follow us on Facebook!