Big Congrats to the 2022-2023 Winners!
Reflections Official Rules from National PTA
By submitting an artwork to the “National PTA Reflections Program,” entrants accept and agree to be bound by the official rules for participation as well as the entry requirements for their specific arts category and division. Additional State program requirements may apply. Any violation of these rules may, at PTA’s discretion, result in disqualification. All decisions of the reviewers regarding this program are final and binding in all respects.(The“PTA”referred to in these rules include all PTAs reviewing the submission).
1. ELIGIBILITY. Students must participate through a local PTA. Each student’s eligibility is determined by the state, council and local PTA. A student may develop an entry inside or outside of school.
2. ARTS CATEGORIES. There are six categories - visual arts, photography, music composition, literature, film production and dance choreography. Students may enter in one or more Arts categories.
3. GRADE DIVISIONS. Students may enter in the appropriate division for their grade
Primary: Preschool-Grade 2;
Intermediate Grades 3-5;
SpecialArtist: All grades welcome
4. HOW TO ENTER Click on your school below and review the Instructions for Students document for the descriptions for each category, as well as the submission criteria, link and specifications.
- Only new pieces of artwork inspired by the current year’s theme may be submitted.
- Each entry must be the original work of one student only. An adult may not alter the creative
integrity of a student’s work. Because the program is designed to encourage and recognize each student's individual creativity, help from an adult or collaboration with other students is not allowed except in the Special Artist Division. The work itself must be the creative product of one student only. Only one student may be recognized as the award recipient for each entry.
- Each entry must contain a title and all entries must include an artist statement. The artist statement communicates what inspired the work, how it relates to the theme, and the content of the work. The statement must include at least 10 words and not exceed 100 words.
- Use of copyrighted material is prohibited. Plagiarized entries will be disqualified. Use PowerPoint templates prohibited
6. FINALIST SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. Entries are reviewed at local, regional, state and national levels. Entries will be reviewed primarily on how well the
Student uses their artistic vision portray the theme,their originality and creativity.
7. OWNERSHIP AND LICENSE. Ownership in any submission shall remain the property of the entrant, but entry iInto this program constitutes entrant's irrevocable permission and consent that PTA may display, copy,reproduce, enhance,print,sublicense,publish,distribute and create derivative works forPTA purposes. PTA is not responsible for lost or damaged entries. Submission of entry into the PTA Reflections program constitutes acceptance of all rules and conditions.