Reflections 2023-2024 Official Rules
By submitting an artwork to the National PTA Reflections Program, you accept and agree to be bound by the official rules for participation as well as the entry requirements for the specific arts category and division. Any violation of these rules may, at PTA’s discretion, result in disqualification. All decisions of the reviewers regarding this program are final and binding in all respects.
1. ELIGIBILITY. Students must participate through a local PTA. Students may develop their entry inside or outside of school.
2. ARTS CATEGORIES. There are six categories. Click on any category to view the specific rules for that category. The arts categories are: visual arts, photography, music composition, literature, film production, and dance choreography. Students may submit entries to one or more arts categories, but an artwork may only be entered in one category. All entries must be inspired by the 2023-2024 Reflections theme, which is “I Am Hopeful Because…”
3. GRADE DIVISIONS. Students may enter in the appropriate division for their grade:
Intermediate: Grades 3-5
Middle School: Grades 6-8
High School: Grades 9-12
Special Artist: All grades welcome. Please click here to read more about the Special Artist Division.
4. HOW TO ENTER:
Complete a Reflections Entry Google Form for the category of each artwork entered – links below.
Physical artworks in the Visual Arts category can be submitted in several ways, once students have completed the Reflections Entry Google Form:
1) Place the artwork (be sure to write name, school, and artwork title on the back) in the Reflections Box in your school’s office.
2) Give to the school’s Reflections Coordinator (list of coordinators coming soon, check back).
3) Photograph or scan it and email to email@example.com. Please include student’s name, school name, and artwork name as the file name for the digital image(s) and in your email.
Literature entries are submitted by attaching a PDF to the Google Form Reflections Entry.
For Dance Choreography, Music Composition, and Film Production entries,
email the audio or video recording of the entry (specific rules apply for each category) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to Reflections Entry Google Forms:
5. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS. Only new pieces of artwork inspired by the current year’s theme may be submitted. Each entry must be the original work of one student only. An adult may not assist in the creation or execution of a student’s work, except in the Special Artist Division. The work itself must be the creative product of one student only. Each entry must have a title and all entries must include an artist statement. The artist statement communicates what inspired the work, how it relates to the theme, and the content of the work. The statement must include at least 10 words and not exceed 100 words. Use of copyrighted material is prohibited. Plagiarized entries will be disqualified. Use PowerPoint templates is prohibited.
6. FINALIST SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. Entries are reviewed at local, regional, state, and national levels. Entries will be reviewed primarily on how well the student uses their artistic vision portray the theme, originality, and creativity.
7. OWNERSHIP AND LICENSE. Ownership in any submission shall remain the property of the student, but entry into this program constitutes entrant’s irrevocable permission and consent that PTA may display, copy, reproduce, enhance, print, sublicense, publish, distribute, and create derivative works for PTA purposes. PTA is not responsible for lost or damaged entries. Submission of entry into the PTA Reflections program constitutes acceptance of all rules and conditions.