What is the PTA?
The PTA is a non-profit organization (an official 501c3!) composed of families/caregivers and members of the school staff/administration coming together to plan and participate in activities designed to enrich, entertain, celebrate and unite our school community. The Edgemont PTA is also involved with the Montclair PTAC or PTA Council, a group which is composed of all the local PTAs in our school district. Together, the local PTAs and PTAC are also members of the New Jersey PTA (NJPTA).
Membership in the PTA is open to all caregivers, parents, and teachers. You can become a member here.
What does the PTA do?
The Edgemont PTA has three primary goals: JOY + EQUITY + REVENUE. We bring joy and fun to the Edgemont community, we continue to infuse equity in everything we do and we raise the resources necessary to support our school.
We provide funding and coordinate volunteers for programs designed to help our children learn outside of their normal curriculum. We host and run events to help families connect outside of school.
DID YOU KNOW?
- While we partner with the school staff, none of the programming would happen without our volunteers! We do it all – from dreaming it up to cleaning it up and everything in between.
- Edgemont is the smallest school in the system, but our slate of programming and events rivals the bigger ones.
- We don’t just put on events! Behind the scenes, the Edgemont PTA advocates for our school and provides resources to students and their families to make their time at Edgemont as accessible and equitable as possible.
- The PTA is funded by membership fees, ticket sales, grants and fundraising events held throughout the year. We are always grateful for your generous support.
- You can always email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions and concerns. There’s a real person at the other end!
How do you join the Board?
Nominations and voting for the following year’s board typically happens in June. We have an annual Nominating Committee which works to identify parents and caregivers to serve as Board members. If you’re interested in joining the Board, please reach out to Jen Walton, VP of Membership and Bylaws at email@example.com.