Check out some of the annual events, showcases and fundraisers offered by the PTA!
- Welcome Activities for Kindergarteners and Incoming New Students (August/Sept): New student ice cream social and kindergarten playdates are scheduled before the school year begins.
- First Day of School Parent Coffee: Coffee, pastries and Kleenex! Reconnect with your parent friends after you drop off your child for the first day of school. Schmooze and hang out on us. Also, a good time to sign up for volunteer opportunities with the PTA.
- Welcome Back Family Brunch: New in 2021, we would like to recognize the parents and families who have been through an unprecedented event. This is a free PTA-sponsored event.
- Film on the Field: A Northeast tradition: An outdoor movie on the Northeast field, typically held in the fall. Families bring blankets and snacks and enjoy the movie.
- Global Fall Festival: A celebration of the fall, our community, and our global magnet. Combining a family dance with the cultural heritage potluck dinner of years past. Performances, DJ crafts and food.
- The MLK Experience (MLK Day): The whole family is welcome to participate in a day on MLK Day in January.
- School Dance: The classic school dance parents remember well reinvented for the 2020s! Parents are welcomed (and needed) to chaperone, let’s help the kids make their own memories!
- NE Walks!
- After School Enrichment (ASE): After school activities for children in the fall and spring. The PTA runs enrichment programs in the fall, winter and spring, with 10-20 classes available. Faculty, staff, and parents are welcomed to teach; we also hire experienced vendors in our community. Classes include journalism, graffiti, photography, tai kwon do, crafts, etc. This is a paid-for activity, scholarships are available.
- In-School Assemblies: The Northeast PTA currently schedules all in-school assemblies. Assemblies include Story Pirates, events hosted by the Liberty Science Center, and more!
- Music Program: Our music program, as all our related arts program, are unique to Northeast. Our PTA-funded music program supports children to learn to read music and learn on their own instruments.
THANK YOUS / GIFTS / GRANTS
- Teacher Appreciation Activities: Teacher welcome back coffee, teacher appreciation week, teacher luncheon, classroom gifts and more.
- Birthday Books: Each Northeast child can select a book from a list at Watchung Booksellers. Happy birthday from the Northeast PTA!
- MFEE Grants: Each year, teachers are invited to apply for grants from the Montclair Fund for Educational Excellence for activities, supplies and initiatives they need to teach. MFEE is able to fund a portion of these fabulous ideas, and the NE PTA endeavors to support the teachers’ ideas that go beyond what MFEE is able to fund.
- The Northeast Geography Bee: Other schools have spelling bees, but at the Global School we have a geography bee. Children form teams and compete.
- Northeast Talent Show: Held in the spring, there is room for every child, and any talent.
- Election Day Bake Sale: A classic PTA fundraiser. Sweet and savory items prepared by Northeast parents and caregivers for sale to the voting public.
- Soccerthon: In the spring, we meet at a local soccer bubble and everyone is invited to compete, World Cup style.
- Northeast Spiritwear (Year Round): Sweatshirts, t-shirts, blankets, hats, they’re all for sale as part of a Northeast fundraiser.
- Northeast Gala and Auction / Count Me In: Northeast typically alternates these two events, a parent-only night out (Gala) and the simpler “make a donation” fundraiser. In May 2022, the Northeast PTA will host a Gala at the Montclair Museum of Art.
- Northeast Carwash: Sometimes run as an event to fund fifth grade initiatives, this popular event lets the children sell their sudsy skills to raise funds for endeavors.
- Mum Sale: Sometimes run as an event to fund fifth grade initiatives, this is a wonderful way for Montclair families to get their homes fall ready while supporting Northeast.
- Book Fair and Pancake Breakfast: The Book Fair is a week-long event held in our library, typically in the fall, and ends with a family Pancake Breakfast. We hope to hold 2022’s book fair this February.
- End of Year Picnic & Art Show
- Field Day