WHAT IS THE Montclair SEPAC?
The Montclair Special Education Parent Advisory Council (SEPAC) is a state-mandated, parent-run group working to promote a network of parents, guardians, and caregivers of children with ieps and 504s. We collaborate with parents, teachers, related services providers, administrators and community members to encourage understanding, acceptance, and inclusion of all special education students.
JOIN IF YOU ARE…
• Parents and/or guardians of children who receive any type of special education services or accommodations in school, such as an Individualized Education Program (IEP), a 504 plan, or out-of-district placement.
• Think your child has learning challenges.
• Would like to understand or have an interest in the Special Education process.
• Parents, educators, or any members of the community who want to learn more!
WHY GET INVOLVED?
• To network with parents, guardians, caregivers
• To share your own expertise and experiences
• To learn about the available services
• To learn to advocate for your child’s needs
• To volunteer and bring excellence to the educational experience of all students in the Montclair schools.
WHEN ARE THE MEETINGS?
Montclair SEPAC meetings are currently being held using Zoom. Please check the calendar link for meeting dates and times. All meetings are also posted on our Facebook page.